BBQ White Miso and Japanese 7 Pepper Cod
This one of my favourite recipes to cook. It’s really delicious and healthy, the Miso paste gives a nice sweetness too. You can use chicken or salmon with this marinade too as it works just as well with them. If you don’t want to use Pak Choi then use your favourite veggies : )
This delicious weekend treat is high in protein, low in fat and will leave you well satisfied. No macros needed here, just enjoy!
- Cod Fillets, I like to be generous and have a good 200g chunky fillet.
White Miso and Shichimi Marinade:
- 1 Tbsp White Miso paste
- 1 tsp, but I like a little more of Shichimi 7 Pepper Seasoning. Most supermarkets stock this now.
- Lime Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp of Sesame Oil
- Water, enough to loosen the mixture so it’s a thick paste
Pak Choi with Ginger and Spring Onion in Oyster Sauce:
- 3-4 Pak Choi removed from the core and sliced in half lengthways
- 6-8 Spring Onions
- Large knob of Ginger
- 1 Red Chilli
- 4 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Lime Juice to squeeze over at the table
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well to form a paste. Pour over the fish and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes. Less is more with this marinade in my opinion so just a thin layer coating the fish.
- Get the BBQ really hot or your grill. Cook the fish for 6-8 minutes under a really intense heat so the marinade starts to blacken a little.
- In another pan. Heat some groundnut oil and add the Spring onions, ginger and chilli, stir fry for 90 seconds before adding the Pak Choi and continue to stir fry for another 60 seconds or so.
- Add the oyster sauce, light and dark soy to the Pak Choi. Toss all the veggies with the sauce well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. The Pak Choi should still be crunchy.
- I like to serve with Sticky Rice but Steamed Rice works just fine.
Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens
A Simple Good Friday Fish Recipe Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens If you are looking for a simple, healthy and delicious fish recipe to impress your family on Good Friday, then give this Halibut recipe a try! Halibut is high in protein, contains those heart healthy Omega 3s and […]
Pork & Nduja Ragu with Rigatoni and Burrata
At fitchef we are all about great tasting, healthy food and this super simple pasta recipe is definitely one that hits the spot. It’s great for an easy, but also luxury, weekend dinner! The Nduja is a soft, spicy Italian salami that gives a really tasty depth of flavour to a meal. If you want […]
Miso & Ginger Chicken Ramen with Shichimi Pepper
Ramen is a trendy Japanese dish, with many new restaurants popping up in parts of the country serving their take on the Japanese classic. I love this trend and enjoy making my own variations at home. Ramen can be a really warming and comforting dish. Also, because it’s easily customisable, you can make it as […]