Cod and Scallop Linguine
- Macros per serving: Kcal 481 Pro 47 Carb 43 Fat 11 Sat Fat 2.2g
- Balanced in Protein and Carbs and Low in Fat and Saturated Fat.
- Atlantic Cod Fillet ( skinless) 280g
- 6 – 8 Scallops
- 180-200g of Spaghetti (use wholewheat if you want)
- 1 Red Chilli finely sliced
- 4 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 Courgette (circa 300g) cut into strips
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- Fresh Lemon Juice and zest
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Get a pan of water on to boil.
- In another pan heat up a tablespoon of oil and add the garlic, chilli and chopped parsley and cook gently for a couple of minutes. Take care not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the Sliced courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes to let them soften.
- When the courgette has started to soften add the cherry tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes then add the white wine. Give the tomatoes a gentle mush so they become part of the sauce. Add the cod and simmer with the lid on for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water. I like to cook it for around 8 minutes which leaves the pasta slightly al dente. Once the pasta is cooked drain and retain some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well. Add a small amount of the pasta’s cooking water and remove from the heat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another pan. Get this one nice and hot, add a drizzle of oil and place the scallops in. These only need 90 seconds per side to cook and get an nice brown colour on. Personally, I like to add a small knob of butter to cook them in.
- Once the scallops are cooked serve on top of the Cod Linguine, squeeze over fresh lemon juice… delicious.
Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens
A Simple Good Friday Fish Recipe Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens If you are looking for a simple, healthy and delicious fish recipe to impress your family on Good Friday, then give this Halibut recipe a try! Halibut is high in protein, contains those heart healthy Omega 3s and […]
Pork & Nduja Ragu with Rigatoni and Burrata
At fitchef we are all about great tasting, healthy food and this super simple pasta recipe is definitely one that hits the spot. It’s great for an easy, but also luxury, weekend dinner! The Nduja is a soft, spicy Italian salami that gives a really tasty depth of flavour to a meal. If you want […]
Miso & Ginger Chicken Ramen with Shichimi Pepper
Ramen is a trendy Japanese dish, with many new restaurants popping up in parts of the country serving their take on the Japanese classic. I love this trend and enjoy making my own variations at home. Ramen can be a really warming and comforting dish. Also, because it’s easily customisable, you can make it as […]