Cod and Scallop Linguine
- Macros per serving: Kcal 481 Pro 47 Carb 43 Fat 11 Sat Fat 2.2g
- Balanced in Protein and Carbs and Low in Fat and Saturated Fat.
- Atlantic Cod Fillet ( skinless) 280g
- 6 – 8 Scallops
- 180-200g of Spaghetti (use wholewheat if you want)
- 1 Red Chilli finely sliced
- 4 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 Courgette (circa 300g) cut into strips
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- Fresh Lemon Juice and zest
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Get a pan of water on to boil.
- In another pan heat up a tablespoon of oil and add the garlic, chilli and chopped parsley and cook gently for a couple of minutes. Take care not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the Sliced courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes to let them soften.
- When the courgette has started to soften add the cherry tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes then add the white wine. Give the tomatoes a gentle mush so they become part of the sauce. Add the cod and simmer with the lid on for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water. I like to cook it for around 8 minutes which leaves the pasta slightly al dente. Once the pasta is cooked drain and retain some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well. Add a small amount of the pasta’s cooking water and remove from the heat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another pan. Get this one nice and hot, add a drizzle of oil and place the scallops in. These only need 90 seconds per side to cook and get an nice brown colour on. Personally, I like to add a small knob of butter to cook them in.
- Once the scallops are cooked serve on top of the Cod Linguine, squeeze over fresh lemon juice… delicious.
Top Tips for Staying Healthy During Lockdown
So Lockdown sucks!!! I think we can all agree on that. Lockdown is tough, both mentally and physically, but there are things we can do to improve our lifestyle and make things more enjoyable to get us through this challenging period. We may even be able to come out the other side a little bit healthier, […]
Quick Chicken Curry
Heat a couple of tablespoons of Groundnut Oil in a pan. Add the shallots, ginger, garlic and chilli and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes to soften and release the flavours. Add the spices with a pinch of salt, cook for a minute or two…
Can your diet improve your mental health?
This is something both Matt and I are great believers in. A healthy diet not only has an effect on your physical health but can play a big part in your mental health too.