Top tips for staying Healthy over the Festive Period
The build-up to Christmas is a fantastic time of year and one to be enjoyed. It is a time when we all tend to overindulge on all the delicious food and drink that is around at this time of year. It is also a time when going out with friends and family seems to be almost on a daily basis, so how can we stay healthy, not gain too much weight and still enjoy the festive period?
These are our top tips to stay on track throughout Christmas:
- Enjoy this time of year and accept that you might not be able to stick to your usual exercise/gym routine.
- Stay hydrated – this is so important for all of us. Don’t be afraid to skip a wine or beer for water or simply have one to sip alongside. If you go out on a big night then be sure to hydrate in the morning.
- Portion Control – be aware of what you are eating. Enjoy some of the things you enjoy but just exercise some control, have one portion instead of two. If you are at a buffet then stick to the healthier options and try not to go up for seconds and even thirds.
- Prioritise your time – this is important all year round but particularly at this busy time of year. Plan the time you will have for exercise or getting outdoors and being active.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast – sometimes it is tempting to skip breakfast or just grab something quick which may not be that healthy. Set yourself up for success and start each day with a good breakfast. It doesn’t have to be complicated… a simple bowl of porridge with some fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey is a go-to of mine.
- Eat well the morning after – if you go out for a big night having a good breakfast and hydrating the next day is a great way to get back on track. If you have time, get outside for a walk to get some fresh air.
Enjoy the Christmas period and look forward to a health kick in the New Year!
Merry Christmas : )
Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens
A Simple Good Friday Fish Recipe Roast Halibut with Chimmichurri Butter, Crushed New Potatoes and Garlicky Greens If you are looking for a simple, healthy and delicious fish recipe to impress your family on Good Friday, then give this Halibut recipe a try! Halibut is high in protein, contains those heart healthy Omega 3s and […]
Pork & Nduja Ragu with Rigatoni and Burrata
At fitchef we are all about great tasting, healthy food and this super simple pasta recipe is definitely one that hits the spot. It’s great for an easy, but also luxury, weekend dinner! The Nduja is a soft, spicy Italian salami that gives a really tasty depth of flavour to a meal. If you want […]
Miso & Ginger Chicken Ramen with Shichimi Pepper
Ramen is a trendy Japanese dish, with many new restaurants popping up in parts of the country serving their take on the Japanese classic. I love this trend and enjoy making my own variations at home. Ramen can be a really warming and comforting dish. Also, because it’s easily customisable, you can make it as […]