Top tips for staying Healthy over the Festive Period
The build up to Christmas is a fantastic time of year and one to be enjoyed. It is a time when we all tend to overindulge on all the delicious food and drink that is around at this time of year. It is also a time when going out with friends and family seems to be almost on a daily basis, so how can we stay healthy, not gain too much weight and still enjoy the festive period?
These are our top tips to stay on track throughout Christmas:
- Enjoy this time of year and accept that you might not be able to stick to your usual exercise/gym routine.
- Stay hydrated – this is so important for all of us. Don’t be afraid to skip a wine or beer for a water or simply have one to sip along side. If you go out on a big night then be sure to hydrate in the morning.
- Portion Control – be aware of what you are eating. Enjoy some of the things you enjoy but just exercise some control, have one portion instead of two. If you are at a buffet then stick to the healthier options and try not to go up for seconds and even thirds.
- Prioritise your time – this is important all year round but particularly at this busy time of year. Plan the time you will have for exercise or getting outdoors and being active.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast – sometimes it is tempting to skip breakfast or just grab something quick which may not be that healthy. Set yourself up for success and start each day with a good breakfast. It doesn’t have to be complicated… a simple bowl of porridge with some fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey is a go to of mine.
- Eat well the morning after – if you go out for a big night having a good breakfast and hydrating the next day is a great way to get back on track. If you have time, get outside for a walk to get some fresh air.
Enjoy the Christmas period and look forward to a health kick in the New Year!
Merry Christmas : )
Top Tips for Staying Healthy During Lockdown
So Lockdown sucks!!! I think we can all agree on that. Lockdown is tough, both mentally and physically, but there are things we can do to improve our lifestyle and make things more enjoyable to get us through this challenging period. We may even be able to come out the other side a little bit healthier, […]
Quick Chicken Curry
Heat a couple of tablespoons of Groundnut Oil in a pan. Add the shallots, ginger, garlic and chilli and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes to soften and release the flavours. Add the spices with a pinch of salt, cook for a minute or two…
Can your diet improve your mental health?
This is something both Matt and I are great believers in. A healthy diet not only has an effect on your physical health but can play a big part in your mental health too.